If we talk about the nutritional benefits of the Blackberry, then a cup of Blackberries contains 62 calories, 15 carbohydrates, 1 gram fat, 2 grams of protein and 8 grams of fiber. The aggregate Blackberry fruit has small drupelets, which are arranged in circular fashion, every drupelet of Blackberry is filled with juicy pulp and a tiny seed. Berry is about 3-4 cm long and a bunch contains 80-100 drupelets.
Health Benefits of BlackBerries:
- Blackberries are among the top ten fruits, which are rich in antioxidants.
- Due to Polyphenols, Blackberries can prevent heart diseases and cancer.
- The deep purple color of Blackberries is due to their anthocyanins, which reduce the hypertension and reduce the risk of memory loss.
- Blackberries can fight against heart diseases and can strengthen the blood vessels, they are considered as a good fruit for eye sight.
- The body tissues can be tightened by Blackberries, which can reduce the high tannin content and provide relief from any intestinal inflammation also can reduce stomach disorders and hemorrhoids.
- Researchers have proved that Blackberries may protect and fight against esophageal cancer, which is usually caused due to gastric reflux disease.
- As Blackberries contain Phytoestrogens, a compound, which play an important role to prevent and fight against any type of cancer, especially cervical and breast cancer, so they are considered as a best fruit for cancer patients.
- As specified above Blackberries are a rich source of Vitamin K, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Manganese and fiber.
- Blackberries have a content of high fiber, so can reduce the risk of diabetes and intestinal diseases.
- Kids and adults both love the fruit of Blackberry and even is good for weight loss. After workout you can refuel your body by these Blackberries and even it can help you to fight against obesity.
From the store try to buy fresh, juicy, bright, shiny and completely black blackberries. Avoid purple or unripe, damaged, bruised. Moreover, when you bring them to your home, try to consume as soon as possible.Share on: