Moringa is also known as the Tree of life is one of the cheapest super-foods that is easily available in markets. For centuries, people have infused Moringa leaves in their food and they live longer & healthier life. Moringa is considered healthy, not only because of its nutritional value but also because every part of the plant offers great health benefits because it is full of nutrition and antioxidants.
Studies have proved that Moringa leaves contain more iron than the good old Spinach and are also highly rich in Vitamin A. Here is why you should include this miracle plant in your dietary choices.
- Energy Booster – Everybody needs energy in order to complete their daily tasks. Moringa acts as an energy powerhouse because it contains all essential nutrients and minerals required by human body to keep functioning entire day. It not only boosts energy but also helps in fighting tiredness and fatigue with its high amounts of Iron and Magnesium.
- Healthy Weight Loss – Obesity is a menace that is eating our society rapidly and is the leading cause of serious diseases like diabetes and heart attacks. Moringa contains an antioxidant Chlorogenic that helps in burning body fat & balances sugar levels. It stimulates the metabolism rate, making this plant an ideal option for weight loss and sugar patients.
- Detox – Due to high levels of antioxidants in the plant, it helps in faster elimination of harmful toxins from the body. It also helps in increasing body resistance to toxins to keep body naturally detox.
- Boost digestion – Moringa is a rich source of fiber which regulates bowel movements and relieves constipation. Due to anti-inflammatory properties, it also helps in treating stomach infections.
- Fights Insomnia – if sleep is your problem, try consuming moringa leaves or powder. Healthy Amino acids present in Moringa support production of neuro-transmitter Serotonin which is responsible for good sleep.
- Metabolism – Glucosinolates present in Moringa boost the calorie consumption which helps in better metabolism, energy level, and weight loss.
- Hormonal Balance – a study conducted in 2014 concluded that due to the concentration of micro-nutrients in Moringa, it helps in better hormonal balance. It was found to have positive effects on body immune system and to slow the aging.
- Thyroid Control – due to a very healthy concentration of anti-oxidants, Moringa regulates Thyroid function in the body.
- Sugar control – due to the presence of Chlorogenic acid & Isothiocyanates, Moringa regulates glucose inhibitors in the blood, resulting in better control for Type-2 Diabetes.
I strongly recommend consulting with your Doctor & health provider before trying any herbal remedies in your foods.
Check my website HerbyOrganics.com for more details.
Do let me know your opinion on this article, and what other food sources you may like to discuss.