Cucumber is an excellent source of nutrition to beat the scorching summer heat. They have ample amount of nutrients to offer than just water and electrolytes.
Cucumber is one vegetable that is quite easy to grow. It is available around the world in all kinds of sizes, shapes and color. Amongst the cucumber family, Armenian cucumbers are a variety relished by many people across the globe. It is thinly ribbed, long, crunchy and is lightly green in color, unlike its other varieties.
Health Benefits of Armenian cucumber
- Armenian cucumbers are an ideal option for weight management due to its low-calorie profile which provides 15 cals/100 gms. It contains no sugar or cholesterol that is responsible for the weight increase, while it contains a healthy amount of fiber and helps feel you full for a long time.
- It is high in antioxidants with vitamin-C & vitamin-A. These elements act as a protective shield against free radicals that are the main reason for various diseases and aging process.
- They are a good source of potassium. Potassium is a heart friendly compound that helps in reduction of blood pressure and counters the harmful effects of sodium.
- For patients with constipation problems, consuming cucumber skin is highly effective because it is a good source of dietary and soluble fibers that helps in improvement of digestion as well as increasing metabolism.
- It contains good amount of Vitamin K that plays a potential role in maintaining bone strength.
- Recent studies show that Armenian cucumbers help in Alzheimer’s treatment by restricting neurological damages in the brain.
- Armenian cucumbers have proven to be effective in protection against colon cancer by eliminating toxic compounds from the gut.
- Cucumbers also aid in keeping our body hydrated. Like any other cucumber, Armenian cucumbers also contain large volume of water and other essential minerals, helping in revitalizing the complete body system.
“Prevention is better than cure”. Therefore, consuming health hearty vegetables can help enormously in alleviating many diseases.
Check our website HerbyOrganics.com for more details.
Write to me about how you liked this article, and express your opinion and likes at my Facebook page. Also, let me know what other food sources you would like to know about.
– DShare on: