Curry leaves are packed with Carbohydrates, Energy, Fiber, Calcium, Phosphorous, Iron, Magnesium, Copper, and other micronutrients. It also contains various types of vitamins like Vitamin A, B, C and E and Amino acids. Consumption of Curry leaves is beneficial for many medical conditions and in maintaining good health. Here are some of its benefits.
- Cure Anaemia – Curry leaves are a rich source of Iron and Folic acid. Iron is essential to ensure a healthy supply of blood in the body whereas Folic acid plays a vital role in the absorption of Iron. Curry leaves are the perfect remedy for protection against Anaemia as it contains both Folic acid and Iron.
- Protect the Liver – Curry leaves can help protect the Liver from damage. It has a potent antioxidant called Kaempferol that fights against oxidative stress and harmful toxins that build up in the body. Kaempferol in Curry leaves combined with Vitamin A and Vitamin C not only protects the Liver but also stimulate the Liver to function smoothly. Eating Curry leaves can keep your Liver healthy.
- Good for Eyesight – Curry leaves are a good source of Vitamin A and it is one of the most important components for maintaining good eyesight. The function of Vitamin A contains Carotenoids which protect the Cornea damage. It protects the eyes, keeps the Retina healthy and prevents vision loss. Taking fresh Curry leaves on a daily basis promotes good eyesight.
- Cure Diarrhoea – This is a natural remedy to treat Diarrhoea symptoms. It contains Carbazole alkaloids that possess anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties which in turn help in combating an upset stomach.
- Maintains blood sugar levels – Curry leaves may also play an important role in controlling blood sugar levels by affecting the Insulin activity. The presence of Fiber contents in the leaves influence the Insulin production and can lower the blood sugar levels. Curry leaves can help improve digestion and eliminate extra fat in your body.
- Fight Cancer – The chemical constituents found in Curry leaves are helpful in fighting cancers. It has anticancer potential that can help to protect the body from different forms of Cancer.
- Good for Hair Growth – Curry leaves have the excellent source of nutrients for hair growth. Regular consumption of Curry leaves cures Dandruff, strengthens damaged hair and prevents premature greying of hair.
I strongly recommend consulting with your Doctor & health provider before trying any herbal remedies in your foods.
Check my website HerbyOrganics.com for more details.
Do let me know your opinion on this article, and what other food sources you may like to discuss.