Plum is a reddish colored fruit, with an edible very soft outer skin & flesh. It is a combination of both sweet and tangy taste as well as loaded with a lot of minerals. Scientific studies have shown that plum is a great source of Potassium. Let me tell you 6 new reasons and you will love Plum even more.
- Improved Heart condition – Plum is highly rich in antioxidants that are necessary for improving heart health. The antioxidants are responsible for eradicating harmful toxins from the body that are the main cause of strokes and heart diseases. Antioxidants also help in maintaining healthy cholesterol levels thereby preventing heart diseases.
- Better Blood circulation – The ability to absorb more Iron than any other fruit or vegetable makes Plum a highly recommended fruit for this purpose. Iron is the prime component for the production of blood cells.High amounts of Iron help improve blood circulation.
- Protection against Cancer – Many studies have shown that Plum provides great protection from breast and oral cancer. The reddish blue color of the skin contains compounds like anthocyanins which have proven to be highly beneficial in fighting cancerous cells.
- Relieve Constipation – High fiber and compounds like Isatin and Sorbitol in Plum make it an excellent fruit to relieve constipation or other digestive problems. Not only it keeps digestive function steady but also keeps the bowel healthy.
- Better Bones – Apart from Iron & Calcium, Boron is another element that is significant to maintain bone health. Plum is a great source of all three elements.
- Healthy Skin – If you love the smooth and healthy skin, then get Plum in your daily diet. Because of te presence of so many elements & pigments, Plum is known to reduce fine lines, wrinkles & rejuvenating skin.
Plums are also low in calories and rich in fiber. So, get the healthy plums in your diet in this season.
I strongly recommend consulting with your Doctor & health provider before trying any herbal remedies in your foods.
Check my website HerbyOrganics.com for more details.
Do let me know your opinion on this article, and what other food sources you may like to discuss.